Last week, we were excited to finally share the video of our WMC Fest talk. As soon as we posted the link, we felt like we were on stage in front of the entire internet. In some ways, it was even scarier than being on stage at the fest! Speaking to a room of 300 people now sounds easy compared to having our story in front of the entire world… forever.
But just as we experienced during the actual fest, our story has been met with an overwhelmingly positive response. Our inbox has been flooded with kind messages from people who can relate to our tale – and feel a little less alone knowing that, yes, even successful people experience these ups and downs. Many people have said that our talk is exactly what they needed to hear right now, and that’s more than we could have ever hoped to accomplish.
So, to everyone who has taken the time to watch our talk, write a message, or leave a comment, we send you a virtual high five and our unending thanks! You are awesome, and your messages have inspired us to keep on sharing our story – our full story.
The number one question we’ve been asked is, “How are you guys doing now?” The short answer: pretty good! We’ve been in Columbus for just about three months. From the moment we arrived, we’ve been working day and night on a bunch of exciting projects. Do we have it all figured out? Not by a long shot! But it’s all part of the wild ride that is art, business, and life in general.
Here’s what we’ve been up to since August:
- Packed up our New York apartment and somehow made it through a grueling
8 hour 16 hour drive back to Ohio
- Moved all of our inventory out of our warehouse and into our new studio (by sliding everything down a hill using a giant tarp… don’t ask)
- Set up our new workspace, which is three times bigger than our entire NYC studio apartment
- Started doing our own fulfillment for first time in two years, personally assembling, packing, and shipping each order
- Designed a new line of thirty holiday greeting cards
- Added framing, gift tags, and gift wrapping options to the shop
- Landed national distribution in a department store and sent our products to 70+ retail locations across the country
- Worked with the world’s fourth-largest advertising agency to illustrate an interactive fitness-themed website that will be launching in January
- Wrote more words in the past three months than we’ve ever written in our collective lives (and gained a new appreciation for professional writers in the process!)
- Collaborated with an incredible team on a project that has the potential to help aspiring creative entrepreneurs around the globe
- …and much more!
Not bad for three months, right? As we continue heading down this path, we look forward to taking you along for the ride. Thanks to everyone for taking an interest in our story. There will be many more chapters to come!